From: Crosswalk-dev [mailto:crosswalk-dev-boun...@lists.crosswalk-project.org]
On Behalf Of Zhang, Xu U
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2014 1:25 PM
To: crosswalk-dev@lists.crosswalk-project.org
Subject: [Crosswalk-dev] Announcement on API Access Control Feature

Hi all,

We are very pleased to announce that security feature: API access control is
enabled in crosswalk. This feature is based on the runtime and extension
process mode provided by crosswalk. API access control is one of fundamental
security features in crosswalk.

The introduction of API access control feature is as below:
A subset of the JavaScript APIs supported in Crosswalk are considered
restricted. If these restricted APIs are not used correctly, running unsafe
application can harm user privacy and system stability. Security feature "API
access control" provides fine grained access control on Web APIs. Application's
invocation of sensitive API SHOULD be granted or denied based on the
permissions that the application has.

We provide two user guide documents to help extension developers and web
application developers. If you have any questions on the usage, please send
email to us bai.m...@intel.com<mailto:bai.m...@intel.com> and
xu.u.zh...@intel.com<mailto:xu.u.zh...@intel.com>.
For extension developers, please follow
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19IOppzhW1e5-jsuq_yVPMK5MANSYNh74jQc01DS9LZc/edit#<https://docs.google.com/document/d/19IOppzhW1e5-jsuq_yVPMK5MANSYNh74jQc01DS9LZc/edit>
 to enforce API access control on your implementation.
For web application developers who want the web application can use crosswalk
device features, please follow
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dD5sMtsHM5p6Wu0Omd1DjQXmS8dQLaHEG4qK5o6MRF8/edit#<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dD5sMtsHM5p6Wu0Omd1DjQXmS8dQLaHEG4qK5o6MRF8/edit>
 to declare the permissions in your application manifest.

By the way, there is one issue
https://crosswalk-project.org/jira/browse/XWALK-1119 which blocks us to verify
this feature on Tizen IVI. If there is any issue, please contact us and we will
update the code as soon as possible.

Thanks
Zhang Xu