LGTM, yes, Raphael should be deeply involved.

From: Crosswalk-dev [mailto:crosswalk-dev-boun...@lists.crosswalk-project.org]
On Behalf Of Kenneth Rohde Christiansen
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2015 8:50 PM
To: Dong, Jun; <crosswalk-dev@lists. org>
Subject: Re: [Crosswalk-dev] Intent to Implement: GN Integration

LGTM but please coordinate the effort with Rafael
Kenneth

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 9:14 AM Dong, Jun
<jun.d...@intel.com<mailto:jun.d...@intel.com>> wrote:
GN build enabling of Crosswalk.
Upstream developed GN in purpose to replace GYP, please check
https://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/gn for details. Upstream intent to
finish the transition by the end of Q2. The GYP support is supposed to be
deprecated at that time. Crosswalk must get GN ready before that. Currently GN
support of chromium trunk is ready, so it is time for Crosswalk to start GN
support now.

Affected component:
crosswalk, tizen-extensions-crosswalk, crosswalk-android-extensions, build
infrastructure and crosswalk-website(for the documentary).
No change for chromium-crosswalk, v8-crosswalk, blink-crosswalk, we could
leverage effort of upstream. Or if we found GN issues for those, we’ll directly
work on upstream.

Related feature:
XWALK-3674

Target release:
There are basically two phases:
Phase I: GN support but not enabled by default, targets at Crosswalk-15
Phase II: Turn on GN by default , targets at Crosswalk-16

Implementation details:
Based on the upstream experience of GYP->GN, write GN files that GYP files
counterpart, make sure all targets could use GN build successfully. Although
upstream tooling can help but still need lots of human rewriting. At the same
time, some duplicated gyp code will be optimized with GN logic. As the phases
mentioned above,  we need make sure all PRs related with GYP must have same
change on GN between Phase I and Phase II.

Risks/Opens:

1.       Upstream cannot achieve the GN transition by Q2.

2.       When upstream finish the GN transition, whether to keep GYP working
will depend on how upstream does.

Best Wishes,

Dong Jun