On 4 August 2015 at 09:25, Sun, Lin <lin....@intel.com> wrote:
> Great idea!
>
> Could you explain how would you treat XWalkRuntimeLib.apk after downloaded
> the expansion file and extracted the APK file? I’m also interested with the
> approach of findExpansionCore().

The XWalkRuntimeLib.apk will be renamed when published as expansion
file. As per documentation[1], the name given by Google Play Store
will be [main|patch].<expansion-version>.<package-name>.obb

I would like to try loading this file with a DexClassLoader directly,
without any manual unpacking step.

> In latest implementation, there’s no initSharedMode(), and initEmbeddedMode()
> is just for the compatibility with old code before shared mode. So maybe it’s
> not necessary to add a method called initExpansionMode() specially. The key
> is attachXWalkCore(). Now the checking sequence is findEmbeddedCore() ->
> findSharedCore(), you can change the sequence to findEmbeddedCore() ->
> findExpansionCore() ->findSharedCore(). I think that would be enough.
>
> BTW, In order not to inconvenience the developers, XWalkApplication is
> deprecated in latest canary build, and will be integrated to Crosswalk-14
> beta soon. Please keep track latest implementation of shared mode.

Ok. As per latest discussions[2] this is moved to crosswalk-15,
"expansion mode" will have to land after that.

[1] https://developer.android.com/google/play/expansion-files.html
[2] https://github.com/crosswalk-project/crosswalk/pull/3159

Thanks,
Rob