On 08/08/2010 07:40 PM, Jan Misiak wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I appreciate your effort of maintaining cryptodev module for Linux.
> There is something I do not understand though. Why doesn't Linux
> kernel expose its CryptoAPI to userspace and force users to rely on
> this patch or OCF? Do you plan on pushing this upstream? If not --
> what's preventing it?

Hi,
 Upstream doesn't like this approach of OpenBSD. There is some pushing
of another similar userspace API at
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-cry...@vger.kernel.org/msg04748.html
but unfortunately as of now, there is no userspace API for linux.

The previous attempts to discuss it with linux-crypto people are at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-cry...@vger.kernel.org/msg04316.html

Michal's attempt in linux-kernel (2004):

regards,
Nikos