  Re: Kernaugh maps (try #2) (Christian Wittenhorst)

From: Anthony Stephen Szopa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.hacker,talk.politics.crypto
Subject: Re: OAP-L3:  "The absurd weakness."
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 00:37:18 -0700

James Felling wrote:

> [...]
>

> > And are you saying that you know of a method to somehow determine
> > what the number of times this process was run and what the random
> > sequences used were in each running of the process by just examining
> > the final sequence output?
>
> No
>

> > Or are you simply saying that you can predict how many times the
> > process is run and what the input is and what the final output
> > sequence of the MixFile will be before the user even generates the
> > random number sequences and runs the processes?
>
> No I am claiming that your method is suboptimal. That there are better ways of
> doing things than those you have chosen
>

> > You ARE really good:
> >
> > "the methods used have slow difusion, require alot of work and have
> > weaknesses such as fixed points, poor mixing, and other such flaws."
> >
> > You must admit that all of these statements are generalities which
> > completely miss the point of the purpose of OAP-L3.  Primarily you
> > have not quantified any of these points.  And this is crucial in any
> > serious critique of OAP-L3.  I believe that you have intentionally
> > neglected to mention these because your intention is to look good
> > while feebly attempting to trash OAP-L3.  To have flagrantly ignored
> > any quantification to support your statements proves your intentions
> > beyond any doubt.
>
> Yep. my weak mind batters febly against your wonderful algorithim.  Maybe you
> should take a look at what is being said, and not smoke screen us all.
>

> > Your flaws are figments of your imagination.  Do you refute that
> > running the process results in the possible outcomes such as:  (14!)^
> > (number of times the process is run using random input)?
>
> Yes.
>
> > And if not
> > is it significant?
>
> Not terribly, but why should I accept a compromise vs. other methods that do mix
> efficiently?
>
> > And why do you not mention the variety of
> > processes available to a user.  This one process is not recommended
> > to be used exclusively.  The software is to be used in its entirety.
>
> Of course.  You asked me to point out what methods and means are flawed, and now
> that I have pointed at one you tell me I am being too narrow in my view of your
> program. make up your mind sir.
>

> > Here is my last shot at a fixed target.  "So how would YOU fix that
> > nasty fixed point issue?"  (really pathetic innuendo:  "nasty.")
>
> Ok, so the official position is that is a flaw, patch around it and dont worry
> about it. Acceptable, but, maybe fixing it inpalce would be good.
>

> > I just told you.  You use a random combination of the several other
> > methods.
> >
> > Thanks for revealing some of what you are.  Don't take that personal.
> > Much of what we are is not of our own doing.
> >
> > You may confound some with your leaky arguments but I guess we get
> > what we pay for when we read one of your posts.
>
> I feel the same about your postings sir.

Sorry to break your bubble

Tell me, do you have very many stupid people who pay you money for
expounding such logic as you have demonstrated in your past three
or four posts?  Wait!  Don't answer that right now.  First read the
following.

As you will see from looking at the first 105 permutations that the
first 5 digits are:  0 1 2 3 4.  No matter how many times you run
your 105! process these first five digits of the group of 105
permutations will always be the same.

Now if you are aware of the way OAP-L3 works, you will know that
this will result in very very poor random digit output:  basically
unusable.

You will also find further redundancy in the sixth digit.  Over a
group of just 105 permutations this is unacceptable with OAP-L3.

You can also find redundancy in other digit locations both singly
and in smaller groups of two and three digits.  These last
redundancies by themselves are not significant but when combined
with the redundancies in the first 5 or 6 digits in such a small group
as 105 permutations they do add to the overall redundancy of
your suggested "fix."  Your process will simply never work
with OAP-L3.

Now what do you have to say?

The only way out of this predicament is to increase the number from
105 to 210 permutations but you will find the same problem.  Only
when you start to approach a significant percentage of the entire
3,628,800 possible permutations will you be able to even begin to
approach any usable random digit output.

Thus your recommended "fix" is practicably unusable.  What user is
going to generate perhaps a million true random numbers to gain
1,000,000! and key them all in?  If they could do this then why not
just use the random numbers themselves and forget about OAP-L3?

I could pursue this analysis further but your suggestion of my
"design flaws" has turned out to be nothing more than your myth and
your suggestion to correct these fantastic "flaws" has turned out to
be a fraud.

I sure hope everyone is listening.

Array number:   0     0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Array number:   1     0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 8
Array number:   2     0 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 7 9
Array number:   3     0 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 7
Array number:   4     0 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 7 8
Array number:   5     0 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 8 7
Array number:   6     0 1 2 3 4 5 7 6 8 9
Array number:   7     0 1 2 3 4 5 7 6 9 8
Array number:   8     0 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 6 9
Array number:   9     0 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 6
Array number:   10     0 1 2 3 4 5 7 9 6 8
Array number:   11     0 1 2 3 4 5 7 9 8 6
Array number:   12     0 1 2 3 4 5 8 6 7 9
Array number:   13     0 1 2 3 4 5 8 6 9 7
Array number:   14     0 1 2 3 4 5 8 7 6 9
Array number:   15     0 1 2 3 4 5 8 7 9 6
Array number:   16     0 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 6 7
Array number:   17     0 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 7 6
Array number:   18     0 1 2 3 4 5 9 6 7 8
Array number:   19     0 1 2 3 4 5 9 6 8 7
Array number:   20     0 1 2 3 4 5 9 7 6 8
Array number:   21     0 1 2 3 4 5 9 7 8 6
Array number:   22     0 1 2 3 4 5 9 8 6 7
Array number:   23     0 1 2 3 4 5 9 8 7 6
Array number:   24     0 1 2 3 4 6 5 7 8 9
Array number:   25     0 1 2 3 4 6 5 7 9 8
Array number:   26     0 1 2 3 4 6 5 8 7 9
Array number:   27     0 1 2 3 4 6 5 8 9 7
Array number:   28     0 1 2 3 4 6 5 9 7 8
Array number:   29     0 1 2 3 4 6 5 9 8 7
Array number:   30     0 1 2 3 4 6 7 5 8 9
Array number:   31     0 1 2 3 4 6 7 5 9 8
Array number:   32     0 1 2 3 4 6 7 8 5 9
Array number:   33     0 1 2 3 4 6 7 8 9 5
Array number:   34     0 1 2 3 4 6 7 9 5 8
Array number:   35     0 1 2 3 4 6 7 9 8 5
Array number:   36     0 1 2 3 4 6 8 5 7 9
Array number:   37     0 1 2 3 4 6 8 5 9 7
Array number:   38     0 1 2 3 4 6 8 7 5 9
Array number:   39     0 1 2 3 4 6 8 7 9 5
Array number:   40     0 1 2 3 4 6 8 9 5 7
Array number:   41     0 1 2 3 4 6 8 9 7 5
Array number:   42     0 1 2 3 4 6 9 5 7 8
Array number:   43     0 1 2 3 4 6 9 5 8 7
Array number:   44     0 1 2 3 4 6 9 7 5 8
Array number:   45     0 1 2 3 4 6 9 7 8 5
Array number:   46     0 1 2 3 4 6 9 8 5 7
Array number:   47     0 1 2 3 4 6 9 8 7 5
Array number:   48     0 1 2 3 4 7 5 6 8 9
Array number:   49     0 1 2 3 4 7 5 6 9 8
Array number:   50     0 1 2 3 4 7 5 8 6 9
Array number:   51     0 1 2 3 4 7 5 8 9 6
Array number:   52     0 1 2 3 4 7 5 9 6 8
Array number:   53     0 1 2 3 4 7 5 9 8 6
Array number:   54     0 1 2 3 4 7 6 5 8 9
Array number:   55     0 1 2 3 4 7 6 5 9 8
Array number:   56     0 1 2 3 4 7 6 8 5 9
Array number:   57     0 1 2 3 4 7 6 8 9 5
Array number:   58     0 1 2 3 4 7 6 9 5 8
Array number:   59     0 1 2 3 4 7 6 9 8 5
Array number:   60     0 1 2 3 4 7 8 5 6 9
Array number:   61     0 1 2 3 4 7 8 5 9 6
Array number:   62     0 1 2 3 4 7 8 6 5 9
Array number:   63     0 1 2 3 4 7 8 6 9 5
Array number:   64     0 1 2 3 4 7 8 9 5 6
Array number:   65     0 1 2 3 4 7 8 9 6 5
Array number:   66     0 1 2 3 4 7 9 5 6 8
Array number:   67     0 1 2 3 4 7 9 5 8 6
Array number:   68     0 1 2 3 4 7 9 6 5 8
Array number:   69     0 1 2 3 4 7 9 6 8 5
Array number:   70     0 1 2 3 4 7 9 8 5 6
Array number:   71     0 1 2 3 4 7 9 8 6 5
Array number:   72     0 1 2 3 4 8 5 6 7 9
Array number:   73     0 1 2 3 4 8 5 6 9 7
Array number:   74     0 1 2 3 4 8 5 7 6 9
Array number:   75     0 1 2 3 4 8 5 7 9 6
Array number:   76     0 1 2 3 4 8 5 9 6 7
Array number:   77     0 1 2 3 4 8 5 9 7 6
Array number:   78     0 1 2 3 4 8 6 5 7 9
Array number:   79     0 1 2 3 4 8 6 5 9 7
Array number:   80     0 1 2 3 4 8 6 7 5 9
Array number:   81     0 1 2 3 4 8 6 7 9 5
Array number:   82     0 1 2 3 4 8 6 9 5 7
Array number:   83     0 1 2 3 4 8 6 9 7 5
Array number:   84     0 1 2 3 4 8 7 5 6 9
Array number:   85     0 1 2 3 4 8 7 5 9 6
Array number:   86     0 1 2 3 4 8 7 6 5 9
Array number:   87     0 1 2 3 4 8 7 6 9 5
Array number:   88     0 1 2 3 4 8 7 9 5 6
Array number:   89     0 1 2 3 4 8 7 9 6 5
Array number:   90     0 1 2 3 4 8 9 5 6 7
Array number:   91     0 1 2 3 4 8 9 5 7 6
Array number:   92     0 1 2 3 4 8 9 6 5 7
Array number:   93     0 1 2 3 4 8 9 6 7 5
Array number:   94     0 1 2 3 4 8 9 7 5 6
Array number:   95     0 1 2 3 4 8 9 7 6 5
Array number:   96     0 1 2 3 4 9 5 6 7 8
Array number:   97     0 1 2 3 4 9 5 6 8 7
Array number:   98     0 1 2 3 4 9 5 7 6 8
Array number:   99     0 1 2 3 4 9 5 7 8 6
Array number:   100     0 1 2 3 4 9 5 8 6 7
Array number:   101     0 1 2 3 4 9 5 8 7 6
Array number:   102     0 1 2 3 4 9 6 5 7 8
Array number:   103     0 1 2 3 4 9 6 5 8 7
Array number:   104     0 1 2 3 4 9 6 7 5 8

Tell me, do you have very many stupid people who pay you money for
expounding such logic as you have demonstrated in your past three
or four posts?  Wha'da ya say?

If you have two encryption software methods I suggest you consider a
corollary of Occum's Razor:  choose the one that is simplest and
easiest to understand in its entirety over the one you cannot
comprehend with certainty to the fullest.

(Damn, that felt good.  Maybe I'm ready for Bruce?)

------------------------------

From: "Tapio" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: sci.math
Subject: Re: RSA's new Factoring Challenges: $200,000 prize.
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 10:41:16 +0300

"Steve Lord" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> On 24 May 2001, SCOTT19U.ZIP_GUY wrote:
>
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Peter Trei) wrote in
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> > >RSA Security, has revamped its Factoring Challenges.

> They request a "Description of Effort".  I think it would be possible to
> submit a factorization without mentioning how you obtained it, but they
> would be curious.  In addition, if someone in the NSA _did_ violate their
> NDA, then as soon as the name of the winner was released, they would be in
> DEEP trouble and would most likely lose their job.  I don't quite think
> it's worth it.

So:
1) Ref. and specify exactly RSA Security problem so they know what you are
taking about
2) Publish your solutions here in sci.math.
3) If they are really  interested in your solution they pay you more than
promised. It becomes cheaper....  ;-)

"Anyway the wind blows" (Bohemian...)

Tapio

------------------------------

From: Anthony Stephen Szopa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.hacker,talk.politics.crypto
Subject: James Felling:  Sorry to break your bubble
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 00:42:58 -0700

James Felling:  Sorry to break your bubble

Reference:  OAP-L3:  "The absurd weakness."

From: Christian Wittenhorst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Kernaugh maps (try #2)
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 10:07:34 +0200

On Wed, 16 May 2001 23:38:31 -0400, "Jeffrey Walton"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>So, my final equation would be f = a'c + a'b'd' + ab'c + ab'd

There is simpler form: f = a'c + a'b'd' + b'c + ab'd

(The two 1's at the right bottom can be joined with the the two 1's at
the left bottom to form a 2x2 group)

Yours,
        wiwi