eay seems to be alive and well, and still supporting SSLeay.

Patrick Naubert wrote:
> Well, after going through all the FAQ, all the Netwinder site, all the
> user's directories (their index.html anyways...) , all the SSLeay FAQ and site,
> I come to the conclusion that no one has compiled/ported/used SSLeay
> on the Netwinder specifically.

As the eay in SSLeay, I can comment on this :-).  There is C code that
will compile with no problems on the Netwinder (I believe).  For the big
number stuff, there are routines that can be replaced with assembler
language, which normally gives about a 2 times speedup in the expensive
public key operations.  Unfortunately the current configuration scripts
assume linux means x86, so perl Configure gcc
is the way to go.  I actually have been reading up on arm assembler to
do assembler for the netwinder, but for various new employment reasons,
which I cannot comment on until the new year, I have not implemented the
relevant stuff for the ARM.

SSLeay will normally compile out of the tar.gz on just about any
platform, the configure script tweaks various things to improve
performance, none of which are actually needed (except in the
Win32/Win16 case).

eric (who is now on holidays until the new year...)
--
This list is run automagically by Majordomo 1.94.4
Please send email questions to [EMAIL PROTECTED]