Rich Salz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hm, I read the quote as "yeah, right, like herding cats it will happen."
>
> Seeing "Bad" ulterior motives in RSA/Australia is also impugning Eric
> and Tim, remember.
>
> Bidzos and RSA have a pretty good record vis-a-vis US controls, and
> it seems doubtful they'd change position overnight.
>
> The patents expire soon; an obvious strategy is to build a brand and
> demand for it.
>       /r$

I'm not about to engage in dialectical materialism for anybody, not
for Eric, not for Bidzos, not even for the pope. I absolutely
understand and support Eric and Tim's behavior, and hope they see some
well deserved financial return for their years of selfless
contribution to the community. Just because they now have an
association with RSA does not mean I won't look at RSA statements with
the same critical eye.

I hold my view that RSA/Bidzos is advocating crypto export controls
for non US countries, in order to supress potential competition to RSA
(`level playing field' etc). I'd of course be delighted if Jim or
someone from RSA were to state otherwise. Jim?

Cheers,
Julian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>