On Tue, Jan 12, 1999 at 03:52:16PM -0500, P. J. Ponder wrote:
> Wei Dai's recently announced crypto library has some notes in it about
> licenses and mentions in the documentation that there may be patent
> restrictions on some of the code included in the distribution.  I figure
> the RSA stuff is covered by a patent (due to expire in a year or two?) and
> I know that IDEA is covered by a European patent and is only free for
> personal use, not for commercial use.  Other than those, does anyone know
> what other restrictions there may be on the software for US developers?

Some of the algorithms implemented in Crypto++ are being considered for
the IEEE P1363 standard. The P1363 working group has a web page on patent
issues at http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/1363/patents.html.

Of course I do not mean to imply that the information there is either
complete or applicable to you, and I am not a lawyer.