> > There's bomb-proof security, and there's "security" that itself is a time
> > bomb.  I fear that self-extracting decryptors are much closer to
> > the latter than to the former -- very much closer.

At this stage, it's hard to see much justification for self-extracting crypto
any more.  There are widely available MTAs including Microsoft's Outlook
Express that do a decent job with S/MIME.  Outlook Express lets you store
correspondents' public keys in your address book, so it's literally one click
to encrypt messages in a reasonably secure fashion.

Regards,
John Levine, [EMAIL PROTECTED], Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Finger for PGP key, f'print = 3A 5B D0 3F D9 A0 6A A4  2D AC 1E 9E A6 36 A3 47