Some of you attended HIP'97, the "hacker" festival held on a campground
near Amsterdam two years ago. If you did, you probably are looking back at
the event with fond memories. If you weren't there, you may have heard
from those that attended how productive and fun it was. If you did not
attend, here is your chance to make up for it, because we are doing it
again:

The German Chaos Computer Club is hosting Chaos Communication Camp at a
campground near Berlin on August 6-9th 1999. http://www.ccc.de/camp/

Crypto will be a central theme, if not the central theme, of the event. As
I did for HIP, I volunteered to assist the members of the Cypherpunks
community that would like to attend CC Camp. HIP proved to be an excellent
opportunity to teach Cypherpunks technology and philosophy to a receptive
audience. From my past experience with CCC meetings, CC Camp should be
similarly productive.

The tentative plans are to have a Cypherpunks setup not unlike we did at
HIP:

o a workspace/hangout tent with wooden floor.
o group sleeping tent for those that don't want to lug around a tent.
o an semi-secluded area behind both larger tents for private tents.
o plenty of power and Ethernet

The CC Camp organizers argeed to give us a much space as we desire.

CC Camp takes place about three weeks after the IETF meeting in Oslo and
only days before the total solar eclipse many already indicated they would
watch from locations in Central Europe.

If you are interested in joining us for CC Camp, please contact me at the
email address below. There have to be at least 10 people that want to make
use of the setup for me to actually organize it.

See you in Berlin,
-- Lucky Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> PGP v5 encrypted email preferred.