...From the "Telegraph, Telephone, Tell Hettinga" department :-)...

About a month or so a go, I was talking to Nicholas Negroponte at the
USENIX/MediaLab's Embedded Systems/Things That Think combined workshops,
and he was talking up Zero Knowlege Systems pretty heavily. Well, maybe not
talking them *up* so much as he wasn't talking them *down*. He was saying
things like "You know, those guys at Zero Knowlege aren't so bad after
all."  Stuff like that. It sounded to me, for all the world, like that's
where DigiCash was going to sell its stuff to once and for all, and that
Lucky had finally freed us from PTO Hell.

Now, somebody tells me, (the very person who told me that real soon now was
tomorrow -- two months ago ;-)) that there's a dark horse out there,
somebody nobody has ever heard of was offering the most money to date for
the DigiCash IP portfolio, though still not enough for Loftesness and
DigiCash apparently. The court date is in a week (or two?) and that, once
and for all, this whole mess would be over. Of course, this is, again, from
someone who's predicted this once before :-).

Unfortunately, nobody had any idea who this guy was except for his name and
address, much less what he's going to do with the DCIP when he gets it.

My informant wouldn't tell me who this guy was, but I bet someone out there
on these list knows, and with an actual name and location, we could
probably have some fun with Bloomberg, Dialog, Nexis, etc..

So, anyone out there who knows wanna share who this guy is? :-).

Cheers,
RAH
Robert A. Hettinga <mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Philodox Financial Technology Evangelism <http://www.philodox.com/>
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA