--
This judgment <http://jya.com/bernstein-9th.htm> is
everything we need, but it is not a green light to do
entirely as we please.

For an export of code to be identical to the precedent, the
exported document must be designed to be read by humans,
rather than computers.

We can export information that can enable a human with some
modest work, to generate the program described in the
information.

The interesting question is of course whether the Bernstein
decision applies only to printed documents, and not web
pages.

There is certainly nothing in the opinion restricting it to
paper.  Web pages are just as much publication, and just as
impossible for computers to compile directly.

The opinion would seem to clearly cover even the export of
straight source code with makefiles, however the cautious man
would merely export a web page containing source code
intermingled with explanation, discussion, and sufficient
information for a human to construct a makefile.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     uPMpxXwshmNpXlGGiHThXA2waVAdPIcMzRs4eF6D
     4an5T6V823cgpj1l1hAxD2MmyFdsHIAUHfB+RxHt3