At 3:57 PM -0700 5/17/99, Dave Del Torto wrote:

>If this is based on the "speaker independent" voice recognition in
>PlainTalk,

My understanding is that it not based on a speaker independent
technology and, as a former linguist, it is not clear to me that
the technology offers information useful for speech recognition.

>I'm sure no-one on this list needs me to tell them that this is a
>VERY BAD IDEA: the marketing weasel who came up with it should be
>soundly thrashed (pun intended). Stick with typed passphrases.

My understanding is that this augments typed pass phrases.

Remember, the security model is "keep little brother out of big
sister's secret diary," not "protect the nuclear bomb codes."
Products like PGP Disk still have their place.

Martin, not speaking for Apple.