Tom says,
>... They even say that your information is "safe":
>         "Your personal life is safe with us. Many advanced security
> Although these services are free, I believe that the phrase "Trust no
one"
> applies in these cases.

actually, one of the services we hope to see happen using proactive
security is a really secure and reasonably trusted archive/vault service.
That is, the service will have several operators cooperating, and you can
be sure it is secure as long as most of them are not broken - and are
honest - during each period (say week). So all may be broken into or become
dishonest as long as not at the same period... If anyone would like to
implement such a system for experimental / nonprofit use, we'll be glad to
help with our technolgy and knowledge (for free of course).

Best, Amir

for more info see the proactive security homepage at
http://www.hrl.il.ibm.com/proactive