I just read _The Incredible Bread Machine_, by R. W. Grant.  A Fox &
Wilkes book, available from Laissez-Faire Books.  I think a quote from
page 241, on The Limits of Political Action, is appropriate in re the
recent "I told you so" observation by Lucky Green:

    Government is force, and politics is simply the means of deciding
    who gets to use it at whose expense.  By its nature, then,
    politics will inexorably represent the interests of those who seek
    the favors of government.  Hence the bewilderment of voters who
    find that no matter who wins the election, government continues to
    grow bigger and more intrusive.  At best, transient reforms can be
    accomplished, but the underlying dynamic of politics is constantly
    to expand the role of the state.

    Accordingly, those seeking to limit the role of political force
    [aka crypto export laws] in our society are quite literally
    disenfranchised.  You can vote for ruler A or ruler B, but you
    can't vote for <i>no</i> ruler.  Political action can possibly be
    helpful for educational purposes, or as a rear-guard effort, but
    its effectiveness as an influence for less government is
    limited. [as we've seen.]

What to do?  Attack the state at the source of its power: our
cooperation.  It can be noisy civil disobediance.  It can be simply
ignoring an unenforcable law.  It can be challenging the power of the
state in its own institution, as in the Bernstein, Karn, and Junger
cases.

I highly encourage all [EMAIL PROTECTED] readers to read The
Incredible Bread Machine.  It puts together a comprehensive attack on
the legitimacy of the state.

--
-russ nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr sells OSI Certified(tm) Open Source Sware| PGPok | Government schools are so