I've received some questions by email which are beyond my ability to
answer. The questions are about the cryptographic strength of the plugin
for bo2k (3DES IIRC, see www.bo2k.com and www.cdc.com, down once in a
while it seems). If anyone don't know what bo2k is, it's a remote control
utility which has caused some discussions regarding ethics which are off
topic here...

Basicly I wonder if there is any evaluation of how strong the encryption
is. I'm aware that that 168 bit is concidered "NSA-secure" and that 3DES
is concidered secure, but what about

  -- 3DES algorithm used correctly?
  -- Key generation: Good PRNG, Bad PRNG, Good Hash, Bad Hash?

And any other subject which might come into mind.

//blue