At 10:36 AM 9/1/99 -0400, Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:
>http://www.zixmail.com/ZixFAQ/index.html#4
>claims that a 3DES email security procuct has been approved for export.
>Is there something about the security of this system that is compromised?
>(I don't see anything abut open source....)

Dunno about this product/company, but non-open source 3DES have been
approved for export for other companies/products,
as have 1024 bit RSA. Both are real crypto,
not compromised. But, they are not general purpose, and come with
non-trivial restrictions.

Pat

Pat Farrell    CyberCash, Inc.                  (703) 715-7834
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
#include standard.disclaimer