John Gilmore wrote:

> There's a vague and undefined term in the press leaks so far:
>
>         One-Time Technical Review
>
> What does this mean?  It appeared in some early crypto liberalization
> bills floated in Congressional committees.

Based on my previous experience with the export process, here's what I think
this means:

      You have to tell the NSA what you're doing and let them think
      about it for a while.  You'll have to answer any questions they
      have, but they aren't likely to ask for source code.  It's not
      something you want to do the week before you ship.  It's a process
      that's likely to take a couple months and involve more than one
      face to face meeting with NSA people.

Of course it may mean something completely different.  I've been surprised by
what the NSA does more often than not.

--
What is appropriate for the master is not appropriate| Tom Weinstein
for the novice.  You must understand Tao before      | [EMAIL PROTECTED]