I do not see anything "reasonable" in the excuses Anonymous
attributes to Intel not allowing access to raw RNG bits. If Intel
wants developers to use their RNG API they need only publish it.
Professional programmers these days respect APIs and realize they
risk future problems if the do not follow them.

I am not sure who a "naive user" of a hardware RNG might be, but I
think courts would consider any software engineer knowledgeable
enough to be responsible for reading the warnings included in the
documentation.  And if the raw bits are close to white, the
consequences of using them directly in most cryptographic
applications is negligible. The old "lawyers made me do it" argument
is really thin here.

Finally, the notion that selling a few six-figure driver kits is
material to Intel's bottom line is hard to credit.

Random number generation is a vital part of any security system. It
is important check raw bits regularly to verify, to the extent
possible, that no failure has occurred.  Some bias in the raw bits
may be valuable here, particularly if it can be correlated with and
physical parameter such as bus voltage or chip temperature.

Intel's reluctance to publish details of the RNG interface and to
make raw bits available to system designers is troublesome and
suspect.

Arnold Reinhold