--- begin forwarded text

Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 11:28:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: Peter A Pongracz-Bartha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Secure Digital Memory Chip??
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I think it was Scientific American within the last 2-3 months.
I won't check right now, but it could be I really saw it in
CACM, or IEEE/Computer instead.

Basically a MEMS research project where you have a keyed pinblock
that is driven by electronics, but can't be spoofed like existing
smart card solutions. That is, you can't use fault-injection (via
microwaves or other means) then analyze the resultant output to
make it orders of magnitude easier to break the key.

I'd like to see what Ron Rivest thinks of this. He's probably commented
on it in a crypto list somewhere.

Peter