> The Cato Institute released a new Cato Briefing Paper, "Strong
> Cryptography: The Global Tide of Change," as the Clinton
> administration was announcing a relaxation in controls on the export
> of encryption technology. In the paper, Arnold G. Reinhold writes ...

Arnold's a regular on this list.  (He and I write books together, don't
miss his crypto bits in the upcoming "Internet Secrets".)

There's nothing in this paper that will be new to anyone here, but it's
nice to see the, er, respectable extreme right wing weighing in exactly
on the correct side of this issue.

Regards,
John Levine, [EMAIL PROTECTED], Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Finger for PGP key, f'print = 3A 5B D0 3F D9 A0 6A A4  2D AC 1E 9E A6 36 A3 47