Anonymous writes:
 > > 8. Receipt­freeness: A voter can't prove to a coercer, how he has
 > > voted. As a result, verifiable vote buying is impossible.
 >
 > It appears that the votehere system does not satisfy this, since the vote
 > is published in encrypted form, so the voter can reveal the plaintext in
 > a verifiable way.  Of course even if the system mathematically protected
 > against this you could still sell your vote by voting at home while the
 > vote buyer watched you.

Any time you're allowed to vote in a manner which a third party can
observe everything you observe, they can affect your cost of voting
one way or another.

It's much more fun to try to disprove a positive statement.  So let's
try.  Perhaps the voting is in a challenge-response form?  Given a
number, the voting executes a pre-arranged algorithm on it, and votes
with the results of the algorithm.  That would work, presuming that
the algorithm has enough bits of entropy to confound cryptanalysis.

There's a bunch of problems, though: the algorithm has to be
executable in someone's head, without any intermediate values being
transcribed.  The algorithm has to be memorized.  The algorithm has to
be coordinated with the vote-taking authority.

Does this sound like the pre-computer key distribution problem to you?
Sure does to me, so much so that I would say that this disproof
disproves nothing in a world where guys pick their girlfriend's name
as their password, and where people can keep 5+-2 things in their head
at any one time.

--
-russ nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://russnelson.com