On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, Bjørn Remseth wrote:

> it
>
> > Years of work in standards committees and years of technical work can
> > all go for naught, when those responsible for operating the service are
> > untrustworthy.  End-to-end encryption is your friend; it needs to get
> > designed into some cellphones.
>
> The Norwegian defense forces has designed a GSM phone with end-to-end
> encryption.  It uses the proprietary NSK chip and the secret NSK algorithm,
> and will not be available for the general public, only for the generals and
> their friends :)
>
> The design looks sound enough though, and the phone also looks nice (the
> producer is the Swedish company "Sectra": http://www.sectra.se/).

Are you realy sure that it was designed by the Norwegian defense forces?
The Swedish military has aswell bought the phone (before the Norwegians)
and to the best of my knowledge Sectra has been doing the construction
much of their own (with alot of discussions etc with the military.)

/Per

Per Kangru, physics student at Uppsala University, part time worker at
Idonex AB. All opinons are mine and does not necessarily have any
influence over the opinons of Idonex AB or Uppsala University.
private email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Phone, home: +46-(0)18-509363
work email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]            Phone, mobile +46-(0)707-545556
school email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Phone, work +46-(0)8-6198505
                Private web page at http://kangru.org