Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 07:43:43 -0800
    From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (dstoler)

    Michael,

    The NetLOCK Gateway does what you need. The NetLOCK gateway is software that runs
on an ordinary Windows NT computer with two network interface cards. The computer
running the NetLOCK Gateway software serves as the IPsec black box between your device
(or devices) and the network, securing its (their) network communications. It can be
used to secure communications to ordinary network printers, for example.

    See http://www.netlock.com

A software implementation on an ordinary PC seems to make the NetLOCK
machine an extraordinarily tempting target for a subtle attack, such
as one that patches the running code to dramatically reduce the
keyspace used.  May I assume that they have some clever scheme to
prevent this, or is it just that I misunderstand what they're doing?