At 4:04 PM -0800 11/19/99, Matt Crawford wrote:
>> A while back someone on cypherpunks posted a program that would let you
>> hear FSK modulation on a normal radio when the program
>> was run, by modulating PCI traffic.
>
>Shoot, I remember the operators of the CDC 3150 at the local state
>college doing this around 1973 -- they set a radio on top of the
>console and ran a program that fiddled accumulator bits to play
>tunes.
>                               Matt

We used to use an AM radio as a debugging aid with an IBM 1620 (20
microsecond cycle time) at Dartmouth Collage in 1962-1963.  My wife reports
a program called Mutran (sp?) she saw at Reed Collage which used a radio
and the 1620 to play suitably encoded sheet music.

Bill Frantz       | Internet Explorer, the     | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     | hacker's path to your      | 16345 Englewood Ave.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | hard disk.                 | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA