At 9:24 AM -0500 11/23/99, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
>Alibris is both a rare book dealer and an ISP serving other book dealers; they
>kept copies of messages from Amazon.com to other dealers.

I wrote the Media Grok piece on this that'll be coming out later
today. The gig is media crit, not cyber activism, so I didn't try
to make such a point (the editor would have cut it anyway). But
it's a good touchstone for mainstream acceptance of crypto: imagine
a world in which every routine email from Amazon comes wrapped.

Keith Dawson  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://dawson.nu/
Layer of ash separates morning and evening milk.