Eugene Leitl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Well, the deformations must be smooth, so this just describes an
> attack against a certain type of watermarks.

Yes.  They found that there was one watermarking product on the market
that was not defeated by their standard mechanism, and developed a new
mechanism that defeated that one too.

Of course, the state of the art in watermarking may have moved on
since that paper was written, but if anyone knows of a watermarking
product for images that has not already been defeated I'd be
interested to know.
--
  __
\/ o\ [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Got a Linux strategy? \ /