> What an extraordinary concept. We are supposed to thank manufacturers
> for telling us how to use stuff they want us to use?

Well, if we want to use it too, why not thank them for helping us?
Is help only help if the person giving it has absolutely nothing to
gain in doing so?   Don't you thank the person who makes you your
latte in the morning?   If not, try it!   :')

> Have you been to your local supermarket recently and thanked them
> for putting prices on their goods?

No, but I do thank them when they help me to find something in the
store, or help me to decide which thing to buy, as long as they don't
try to push me into buying something (IWC I tend to back off
quickly).

> Perhaps we should all take time out to thank the book industry for
> using black ink instead of white?

Perhaps you should!   Do you know what a typical publishing industry
worker makes?   I dated one for five years, so I am painfully aware.
We didn't even count her income in our planning, nor did the bank when
we took out a mortgage.   So at the very least, you probably *should*
thank somebody that did a good job of editing a book that you have
enjoyed, or writing it, or whatever.

> Sheesh.

Sheesh!   Smile, goddamnit!   :')

                               _MelloN_