I mentioned the "secret search" provisions in the meth bill before the
House Judiciary committee in a May 9 article:
http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,36209,00.html

This is similar to a letter from Reno in January that said cops could do
secret searches and seizures (in the context of snatching private keys)
without new legislation:
http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,33779,00.html

In my weekly column last week I mentioned the meth vote in House Judiciary
still hadn't happened, probably due to pressure from drug legalization
activists:

The CDT letter is more detailed, but I've placed an ACLU "suggested
amendments to the meth bill" letter here:
http://www.politechbot.com/docs/meth-aclu.050800.html

-Declan