According to a source in the area who I consider to be reliable,
Dominic Mayers's impossibility theorem applies, and this result is
therefore incorrect.  I'd thus encourage people to check the paper
thoroughly before relying on its results.  I haven't done so myself
because I suspect much of the quantum math is beyond me.