At the risk of going against the tide, I would rather be in a country
where they did search some percentage of the incoming passport holders
belongings than one where they didn't.

A combination of intelligence and criminalality does not happen that
often, so criminals encrypting all their secret stuff is not of import to
me. What I do worry about is paying my taxes so people can walk in the
country and claim benefit.

Not that I am in favour of the RiP bill, it is terrible but in order to
have some kind of democracy you have to protect it from other forms of
government, terrorism and criminals. The best thing for us to do is
promote tools like pgp or hushmail, so those who really do need free
speech can get it.

SteveC [EMAIL PROTECTED] icq #14047829
         www.fractalus.com/fracsaver