The old timers who used to get crypto products patented
back in the dark ages tell us there were always patent
examiners 'who were funded by multiple agencies', meaning
the NSA.  There is folklore about how certain features
were 'suggested to be removed', etc.

In other words, I think I'd not assume the USPTO rule book
excludes cheating by the government, including NIST.

At 10:32 AM 7/14/00 +0100, Paul Crowley wrote:
>"Heyman, Michael" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > >

>... much discussion of patents and AES,
including submarine patents...