Thank you for the good comments, so far.

In case you haven't figured it out, yes, I am seriously contemplating
writing such a book. Please keep the good ideas coming.

I need someone who is crypto-literate to help review what I write, to help
keep me honest, point out stuff I may have missed, and generally help me be
clear and accurate. If you (or someone you know) would like to be a
technical editor, my publisher would like to talk to you. Email me for
details. The benefits include:

* Helping spread GOOD crypto-knowledge to programmers in general, thus
reducing the average snake oil concentration in applications they write.

* Contribute to exercising First Amendment rights (lest they atrophy), and
contribute to a book/CD-ROM set for international distribution.

* Fame and glory, and your name mentioned in genuine ink-on-wood-pulp print.

* A preview of a cryptography book and a free copy of the finished work.

* My publisher may even pay you some token amount for these services.

Is anyone interested in technical editing?

What would you like to see on the CD-ROM that looks like it would fit
export license exception TSU (open source, no explicit requirement for
payment, no key size limits)?

_______

Michael Paul Johnson
http://ebible.org/mpj