Derek Atkins wrote:

> It's not snake oil if you can possibly produce it.  There are plenty
> of "electronic voting" (read: NOT internet voting) systems that are
> "foolproof, secure, simple to operate", so the question is whether you
> can make it affordable.  This is not selling a product, it's selling a
> project goal.  Therefore, it is not snake oil.

Derek:

The idea of more people working on voting projects and products
is excellent and useful, IMO. What is less than useful is promising
what cannot be delivered -- and, clearly, promising to "give everyone
a record of their vote, so they know exactly   what they have done at the
polls" as Baltimore's words did, and that is why you will like the system
I produce, is snake oil of good quality IMO.

I know you are at MIT, but please do not feel offended -- just help
correct it, if you can.

Cheers,

Ed Gerck