I have updated the Voting System Requirements that were discussed in
some lists and at the IVTA on Sept/Nov/2000 and published as a first draft
in The Bell of November. The new draft is available at
http://www.thebell.net/papers/vote-req.pdf .
I am thankful for all the suggestions, in the lists and off-lists.

Comments are welcome.

The requirements are for voting systems. Other requirements need to be
discussed for voter registration systems, for example.  IMO, privacy will also be a
BIG issue in voter registration requirements.  One that is being infringed today
by third-party voter registration services that transfer the voter data to the state
but keep copies, which copies they are legally allowed to share with their
'affiliates' (read: anyone that signs a contract with them).

Cheers,

Ed Gerck