At 10:20 AM 2/7/01 +0100, Axel H Horns wrote:
>What is currently happening to
>
>  http://cryptome.org/
>
>Since last night I only get
>
>"Forbidden  - You do not have permission to access the requested file
>on this server."
>
>Does anyone know whether the site has been taken down?
>
>Axel H Horns

John's had to increasingly ban entire subnets as he's getting
crazy-robot'ed to death, according to something on cryptome:

Note: Cryptome has temporarily lifted blockage of agents, spiders, siphons
and other mindless search-and-get
  programs so that this message may be seen. These programs often take over
the sites completely. Please stop sending
  automatic agents here and only download file(s) you are sure you don't
have. 100 abusive machines and domains
  were blocked due to repeated trashing of our sites and will be blocked
again if abuse occurs. Thanks very much.
"What company did you say you were from, Mr. Hewlett?"
---Walt Disney to Bill Hewlett eetimes 22.01.01 p 32