Peter Gutmann wrote:
-- Snip --

This is very scary. I bet that our Minister of the Interior would love it, though, since he has been pushing a scheme for stealth examination of suspects' computers (called "Federal Trojan"). Technology like this would be a large first step towards making this possible.

[...]
- Built in web interface on every machine (port 16994)

Apart from all the other things that are wrong with this scheme,

* you can't trust the output of netstat anymore;
* in other words, what you see with netstat may not be the same as what someone else sees with nmap; and * if the web interface has a vulnerability, you have an unshutdownable vulnerable service running on your machine.

Fun,

Stephan