On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 04:56:34PM +1200, Peter Gutmann wrote:

> I know how to check the carry flag from inline asm, I just don't know what
> the
> rdrand encoding is.  Here's the code I sent to the OP, I hadn't posted it yet
> because I need to get someone with access to the appropriate hardware to
> verify it:

I don't know if anyone outside of Intel has hardware, but it looks
like the latest release of Intel's SDE supports it.

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-software-development-emulator/

It's obviously quite slow, but still a very useful tool for testing
CPU specific code before the silicon is commercially available.

-Jack