-You could perform a (very simple) software hash or something of the kind to
make the data sent to the HW accelerated thingy (performing difficult
operations) useless, that's less effective but it should work. Note that
this is in fact a new protocol and the applications are different.

-A better thing to do would be to build your own! After building a proper
open source community it'd be possible.

-Or use an FPGA to do the operations! It might give comparable performance
and you reflash your own "firmware" everytime you start it. It's general
purpose so it's unlikely to contain specific hacks.

Stay paranoid,
Lewis