The gold standard was fine as far as I know, as long as the gold flow was
steady. Gold isn't steady, Bitcoins totally are. Other than that I'd rather
trust in pet rocks* than in god and country, like US bills tell you to. If
you have any reason people should not use an unchanging coin without central
authority or requirement for trust, I'd REALLY like to hear it.

Lewis

*a much more accurate way to name the things we're trading here is "a
Bitcoin" or "Bitcoins" when used in multiple. Caps optional.

P.S.: I believe we've had discussions about Bitcoins before, this is a
crypto list but cypherpunk/application is also important.