Stefan Brands credentials [1] have an anti-lending feature where you have to
know all of the private components in order to make a signature with it.

My proposal related to what you said was to put a high value ecash coin as
one of the private components.  Now they have a direct financial incentive -
if they get hacked and their private keys stolen they lose $1m untraceably.

Now thats quite reassuring - and encapsulates a smart contract where they
get an automatic fine, or good behavior bond.  I think you could put a
bitcoin in there instead of a high value Brands based ecash coin.  Then you
could even tell that it wasnt collected by looking in the spend list.

Adam

[1] http://www.cypherspace.org/credlib/ a library implementing Brands
credentials - it has pointers to the uprove spec, Brands thesis in pdf form
etc.