On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Benjamin Kreuter <brk...@virginia.edu> wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 11:00:15 -0500
> "Bill St. Clair" <billstcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Benjamin Kreuter

> I do not follow your argument -- how does eliminating government issued
> money stop governments from collecting taxes and fees?  Governments
> whose currencies fail sometimes switch to the currencies issued by
> other governments; there are quite a few nations that use US Dollars
> instead of issuing their own money.

You're right, of course. Governments will continue to behave as if
they own us, money or not. But you missed my point. I want no
government at all. Anywhere. I'm not proposing a system to replace the
current one, because I don't want it to be replaced. With what do you
replace cancer, except good health because the cancer is gone? Yes,
there will still be disagreements, and we'll invent ways to deal with
them, thousands of different ways, without giving anybody monopoly
power over anything.

But… way off topic.

One day I'll learn the crypto details of Bitcoin, if only to integrate
it with Truledger.

-Bill