On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 8:13 AM, ianG <i...@iang.org> wrote:
> Thanks for that - for a security risk analysis I did last year, I've added
> it to a small history of attacks and similar events against PKI:
> http://wiki.cacert.org/Risk/History
You also have http://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/2006/mfsa2006-60.html:

"... Because the set of root Certificate Authorities that ship with
Mozilla clients contain some with an exponent of 3 it was possible to
make up certificates, such as SSL/TLS and email certificates, that
were not detected as invalid."

Jeff