When you look at what the Nokia Browser does in the non-TLS case you see
that the Nokia Browser like the Kindle Browser and Opera Mobile use a
dedicated proxy server to avoid DNS latency and permit
cached/compressed/reformatted web pages to be transmitted to the mobile
device.  This is
performed by the Nokia Browser including the desired target URL as a
private http header.

What I believe is occurring for https connections is that Nokia Browser
is establishing a TLS connection to the Nokia Proxy and continuing to
send the target URL as a private http header.   What is unclear is how
the Nokia Browser interacts with the proxy under this situation.  Is the
Proxy providing a tunnel for the client or is it acting as a MITM?

This does not appear to me to be a certificate being misused.

Jeffrey Altman