May be of some interest to this group.

Looks like another US intelligence cyber-espionage malware has
been reported by Kaspersky, this time primarily targeting former
Soviet-block republics.

Full story is here:
<http://www.scmagazine.com/red-october-spy-campaign-uncovered-rivals-flame-virus/printarticle/276016/>

I found it interesting that this SC Magazine report stated:

        ... the campaign deploys malware to steal sensitive information,
        including files encrypted by Acid Cryptofiler, classified software
        used to safeguard confidential data maintained by such organizations
        as the European Union, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
        and European Parliament. ...

I'm guessing that means that this Acid Cryptofiler is some
severely flawed crypto software (or was written by the NSA and
has some back door or side channel).

-kevin
We *cause* accidents."        -- Nathaniel Borenstein