The one caveat I'd offer is that there have been many similar voting or
e-cash proposals based on blind signatures going back to David Chaum in
1982. I'm not aware of any that have gotten traction. The blinding part is
easy. The hard part is getting any adoption.

Regardless, there are some anonymous credential projects with large backers
which may be of interest:

- Intel is baking Enhanced Privacy ID support into upcoming processors. CPU
packages will have unique key material that will be used to anonymously or
pseudonymously authenticate a hardware device:
http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/ST/PEC2011/presentations2011/brickell.pdf

- Microsoft's U-Prove, which is based on Stefan Brands' Credentica work,
published a lot of material in April 2013:
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/u-prove/

There is a related book by Brands available for download here:
http://www.credentica.com/the_mit_pressbook.html

- IBM's Idemix looked promising a few years ago, but seems to have
stagnated:
http://www.zurich.ibm.com/security/idemix/

Source code here:
https://prime.inf.tu-dresden.de/idemix/