On Sat, 24 Aug 2013, Krisztián Pintér wrote:
> has anybody done something like that already? does it have a name?

There was a ECC program from the previous century that worked as you
described: the private key was derived solely from the user password.
Unfortunately, I cannot recall its name (and I suspect it already
vanished from the net since it was not secure due to its use of EC
over binary composite field, Weil descent attack), but I guess someone
here remembers its name, since at that time it was a rare example of
ECC software.

Btw, this memorable private key technique has nothing to do with IBE,
since no trusted third party is required.

--
Regards,
ASK