Aside from the curve change (and even there), this strikes me as a marketing
message rather than an important technical choice. The message is "we react to
a deeper class of threat than our users understand."

Fair enough, but I'd hardly stop using AES or the larger SHA-2 variants on the
back of recent news.

-Jared