On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 02:53:06PM -0500, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Aaron Toponce <aaron.topo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> BBS is not practical in practice due to the size of the moduli
> required. You could probably go outside, take an atmospheric reading,
> and then run it through sha1 quicker. See, for example,
> http://crypto.stackexchange.com/questions/3454/blum-blum-shub-vs-aes-ctr-or-other-csprngs.

Understood. BBS was only an example of some way to modify the algorithm to
introduce non-linearity into the system. I thought I had it, but it's
apparent I don't. I'm just grateful I'm not getting shamed and flamed by
cryptographers on this list much stronger in the field than I. :)

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .
. . o   . o o   o . o   . o o   . . o