On Jan 7, 2014, at 11:24 AM, stef <s...@ctrlc.hu> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 07, 2014 at 11:18:45AM +0100, L. Aaron Kaplan wrote:
>>  1. We will have three config options: cipher String A,B,C ( generic safe
>> config, maximum interoperability (== this also makes the mozilla people
>> happy then) and finally a super-hardened setting (with reduced
>> compatibility)).
>
> lacking the context on
>> this also makes the mozilla people happy then

There were some discussions on the bettercrypto list regarding also supporting
Windows XP (which means RC4 or 3DES).
And there was a very good argument that a *lot* of people still use XP and for
many sites it is not an option to exclude them. On the other hand, WinXP is end
of life. It's a hard choice....

So, I guess that was a really good reason and personally I don't see any reason
so far to assume:

> if that refers to firefox lack of tlsv1.2 support, it's in there starting from
> +24, but the mozilla people are still doing everything to maintain my
> suspicion of being complicit with the nsa, so it's not advertised and disabled
> by default. you can enable this in about:config where you set
> security.tls.version.max to 3

---
// L. Aaron Kaplan <kap...@cert.at> - T: +43 1 5056416 78
// CERT Austria - http://www.cert.at/
// Eine Initiative der nic.at GmbH - http://www.nic.at/
// Firmenbuchnummer 172568b, LG Salzburg